About Rocket Science
Rocket Science is a design + technology firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Portland. We provide a unique combination of Design & Dev and IT services for clients big and small. On the development side, we’re passionate about interactive, mobile, and user experience design. Got a crazy idea for an integrated creative project? Yeah, we can do that, and we’ll make it look great. The same philosophy applies on our technology side: We handle every aspect of IT and technology infrastructure that includes tech support, system & networking engineering, IT management, and MSP services.
About Rocket Science People
You can talk about music, the arts, politics, and food. You can fix an exchange server or SAN when it breaks. You like to do both at the same time.
We like our clients, and we like stuff other than computer related technology. Publishing, architecture, the law, software development, marketing, design. These aren’t something we “support”; this is stuff we’re interested in. To be an RSC employee, you have be someone who likes meeting and getting to know everyone around you. You have to actually LIKE walking into a room filed with people you don’t know and be genuinely interested in what they have to offer YOU, not just what you can offer THEM.
The Mission Consultant (MC) must be a visionary for RSC -- and for our clients. You are responsible for all technical planning & delivery to a group of Rocket Science clients. You get to manage clients, sure, AND look over their budgets and all technical infrastructure. The MC is ultimately responsible for the satisfaction, retention, and revenue for those clients.
You are in charge of technical delivery -- whether you deliver the services or leverage the Rocket Science team is up to you, the client and the situation. Sometimes you'll be plugging in cables, sometimes you'll be adding a new mac to the network, sometimes you'll be bringing in the Rocket virtualization team to install a new SAN and virtualize old hardware and sometimes you'll be recommending AWS or Azure for a new cloud platform for an app we are building for them. add on some of our cloud and MSP services, and you've got an average day.
- Manage a subset of RSC clients; ensure satisfaction, retention and revenue for those clients.
- Build strong communication channels and trust with assigned client executives, evangelizing not only RSC core IT competencies, but the general RSC coolness and our business process focus.
- Deliver Sexy Technical Services to your clients!
- Draft support agreements, project proposals and contracts for existing clients.
- Evaluate revenue and profitability for all engagements.
- Evaluate and manage client satisfaction for all engagements
- Regularly meet with every assigned client for an IT Committee meeting to go over Service, Engineering, IT Management and IT Operations and report on trends.
- Review project plans for accuracy, profitability, and delivery.
- The MC is responsible for communicating with executive staff at assigned clients to manage project expectations, drive all strategic technical decisions, deliver ROI and value propositions for projects, upgrades and improvements.
- Helping to create and deliver a regular maintenance program for assigned clients
The infamous “Other Duties as Assigned”.
- Attend pitch meetings with sales team and prospective clients
- Manage the Initial Audit Process for all new clients
- Skill with the subtle art of mustache grooming beneficial.
- Must be a strong leader
- Project Management skills a must, and PM certification desired.
- Strong working knowledge of all areas of technology REQUIRED. No straight account managers here.
- Good, positive attitude a must.
- Skill with a bow-staff beneficial.
- Excellent multi-tasker with a proven track record of successful time management
- Ability to manage expectations of CEOs, Secretaries and everyone in between.
- Microsoft & Apple certifications are a plus
- 3 to 5 years hands-on experience in server administration, troubleshooting and deployment; managing multiple Windows and Mac servers in diverse environments
- Doesn't hate showering
- Hands-on experience working with technologies from Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, AWS, Google,
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, Open Directory and face jokes
- Understanding of IP networks and IP addressing
- Knowledge of SMTP, DNS (and DDNS), DHCP, VLANs and routing
- Ability to manage the technical aspects of a project from pre-sales to completion
- Salary TBD; DoE; FWIW
- Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance (100% employer-covered, 50% coverage for dependents) commencing after 90 days of continuous employment at Rocket Science
- Unlimited PTO
- Internal & Supplemental Training -- We support ongoing education in Apple, Microsoft, VMware and Networking technologies
- 401K plan
- Beer Fridays