About Rocket Science
Rocket Science is a design + technology firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Portland. We provide a unique combination of both creative, development and IT services for clients big and small. On the creative & development side, we’re passionate about interactive, mobile, and user experience design. We also love branding, identity, print, and video. Got a crazy idea for an integrated creative project? Yeah, we can do that, and we’ll make it look great. The same philosophy applies on our technology side: We handle every aspect of IT and technology infrastructure, with a proven approach that includes tech support, engineering, IT management, and IT operations.
About Rocket Science Employees
You can talk about music, the arts, politics, and food. You can fix an exchange server or XSAN when it breaks. You like to do both at the same time.
We like our clients, and we like stuff other than computer related technology. Publishing, architecture, the law, software development, marketing, design. These aren’t something we “support”; this is stuff we’re interested in. To be an RSC employee, you have be someone who likes meeting and getting to know everyone around you. You have to actually LIKE walking into a room filed with people you don’t know and be genuinely interested in what they have to offer YOU, not just what you can offer THEM.
- Job Description: Mission Consultant
- Job Title: Mission Consultant
- Department: Professional Services
- Reports To: Consulting Manager
- Philosophical Umbrella: Client Management
The Mission Consultant (MC) must rock™ in all aspects and must be a visionary for RSC. Directly responsible for all IT Management delivery to a group of Rocket Science clients, the position encompasses managing clients, their budgets and all technical planning for said clients. The MC is responsible for a subset of RSC clients and ultimately responsible for the satisfaction, retention, and revenue for those clients.
Additionally, the MC provides strategic IT management consulting; creates and/or validates proposals for new client projects; promotes other Rocket Science services to existing clients (such as RocketNet, our line of managed services); and participates in pitch meetings with the regional Flight Director for potential new clients.
Essential Gist: The MC Manages Clients
- Manage a subset of RSC clients; ensure satisfaction, retention and revenue for those clients.
- Build strong communication channels and trust with assigned client executives, evangelizing not only RSC core IT competencies, but the general RSC coolness and our business process focus.
- Draft support agreements and contracts for existing clients.
- Evaluate revenue and profitability for all engagements.
- Evaluate and manage client satisfaction for all engagements
- Regularly meet with every assigned client for an IT Committee meeting to go over Service, Engineering, IT Management and IT Operations and report on trends.
- Review project plans for accuracy, profitability, and delivery.
- The MC is responsible for communicating with executive staff at assigned clients to manage project expectations, drive all strategic technical decisions, deliver ROI and value propositions for projects, upgrades and improvements.
- Qualifying and remediating tickets from assigned clients
- Helping to create and deliver a regular maintenance program for assigned clients
The infamous “Other Duties as Assigned”.
- Attend pitch meetings with sales team and prospective clients
- Perform bi-weekly reviews (or as needed) to clients in order to provide high-level consulting, including:
- New technologies which could streamline client’s business processes
- Recommendations for upgrade cycles of workstations and software
- HR-related issues such as Fair Use Policies, benefits/drawbacks of hiring internal support, etc.
- Draft and present follow-up RFPs based on prospect’s needs and current IT situation
- Manage the Initial Audit Process for all new clients
- Education, Certifications, Licenses, Experience, Skill or Registrations.
- College Degree required. Good attitude a must. Skill with the subtle art of mustache grooming beneficial.
- Must be a strong leader
- Project Management skills a must, and PM certification desired.
- Strong working knowledge of all areas of technology REQUIRED. No straight account managers here.
- Good, positive attitude a must.
- Skill with a bow-staff beneficial.
- Excellent multi-tasker with a proven track record of successful time management
- Ability to manage expectations of CEOs, Secretaries and everyone in between.
- Microsoft & Apple certifications are a plus
- 3 to 5 years hands-on experience in server administration, troubleshooting and deployment; managing multiple Windows and Mac servers in diverse environments
- Doesn't hate showering
- Hands-on experience working with technologies from Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, VMware, Sonicwall and other vendors
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, Open Directory and face jokes
- Understanding of IP networks and IP addressing
- Knowledge of SMTP, DNS (and DDNS), DHCP, VLANs and routing
- Knowledge of VoIP a plus
- Ability to manage the technical aspects of a project from pre-sales to completion
- Salary to be determined; depends on experience
- Employee Ownership and REAL input into the direction of the firm
- Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance (100% employer-covered, 50% coverage for dependents) commencing after 90 days of continuous employment at Rocket Science
- Unlimited PTO
- Internal & Supplemental Training
- 401K plan
- Beer Fridays